Fluna is a pan-African trade finance marketplace for African businesses to access credit and market intelligence tools, reach their full potential and contribute to the global economy. We underwrite transactions 12x faster than traditional commercial banks and automate financial data reporting in order to further mitigate risks.
We support mid-market exporters in Africa with much-needed working capital to satisfy demand from buyers in the United States and Europe. We have onboarded 100+ exporters and deployed $20m+ in trade finance over the last 18 months.
We are looking for an experienced in-house Legal Counsel to join our team to provide guidance and support to the Legal department regarding legal issues and other related matters and ensure the company is protected against legal risks.
- Advise on legal matters related to purchase order financing, invoice discounting including drafting and reviewing contracts, negotiating with clients and vendors, and resolving legal disputes.
- Provide sound advice on corporate, commercial and legal issues and matters, to Fluna as well as its various business units and departments.
- Assist with fundraising efforts and contribute to the management of the data room by organizing and maintaining documents, ensuring accuracy and accessibility for potential investors.
- Structure, negotiate, and de-risk credit transactions throughout the entire lifecycle of origination, servicing, and collections, and maintaining a strong understanding of market trends and regulatory requirements.
- Provide legal support for the company's day-to-day operations, including but not limited to regulatory compliance, risk management, and contract management.
- Conduct legal research and analysis to ensure the company is up-to-date on all relevant laws and regulations.
- Liaise with other teams such as customer success, product, engineering, risk to help build compliant, best-in-class solutions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage outside counsel relationships as needed.
- LLB degree from an accredited university. Admission to the bar in Nigeria and in good standing
- At least 5 years of experience as a corporate / commercial lawyer in a finance house.
- Strong background in commercial and finance law
- Experience in lending including knowledge of trade finance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs
We are the place for you, if
- You’re excited about technology and the future, and you’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself in impeccable execution.
- You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, where adaptability and a willingness to take on new challenges are essential.
- You love to speak up and ask questions to seek clarity.
Why you would love to work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Comprehensive health insurance package
- 21 days of annual paid time off
- Monthly phone and internet allowance
- Team off-site events
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team of highly talented colleagues
If you meet the requirements and are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!