Fluna is a pan-African trade finance marketplace for African businesses to access credit and market intelligence tools, reach their full potential and contribute to the global economy. We underwrite transactions 12x faster than traditional commercial banks and automate financial data reporting in order to mitigate risks. We support mid-market exporters in Africa with much-needed working capital to satisfy demand from buyers in the United States and Europe. We have onboarded 100+ exporters and deployed $20m+ in trade finance over the last 24 months.
The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for conducting inspections of raw agricultural commodities to ensure that they meet quality standards. This includes overseeing the stuffing of shipping containers to ensure that the products are properly loaded and secured.
Agriculture commodities include: Sesame, Dry Ginger, Hibiscus Flower, Soy Bean, Maize
- Conduct inspections of raw agricultural commodities (e.g., sesame, dry ginger, hibiscus flower, etc.) to ensure that they meet quality standards.
- Conduct random sample inspections of packaged bags to ensure they meet the required weight standards.
- Oversee the stuffing of shipping containers to ensure that the products are properly loaded and secured.
- Maintain records of quality control inspections and quantity loaded for each export consignment.
- Liaise with freight forwarding companies to deliver exported goods on schedule.
- Report any quality control issues to the Quality Control Supervisor.
- Support other team members with outgoing shipments.
- 3+ years of experience in quality control of raw agricultural commodities including Sesame, Dry Ginger, Hibiscus Flower, SoyBean and/or Maize
- Can conduct site visits to Lagos Port (Apapa) and other locations as needed
- Experience in stuffing shipping containers according to accepted industry standards for both 20 and 40-foot containers, for each commodity type.
- Previous experience in oversight responsibility for stuffing shipping containers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
We are the place for you, if
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself on impeccable execution.
- You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, where adaptability and a willingness to take on new challenges are essential.
- You love to speak up and ask questions to seek clarity.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!